Just 12 months after the announcement of the partnership between the Hyne Group and UK based company James-Jones and Sons Ltd (JJSL), the Hyne Group has been actively considering opportunities for growth and expansion in Australia.
This latest partnership with Rocky Point sees the Hyne Group hold a 60% interest while Rocky Point retain the remaining interest of 40%.
The Rocky Point business supplies premium quality products to the retail garden, nursery, agriculture, home gardeners and erosion management industries and like the Hyne Group, prides itself on sustainably and locally sourced feedstock.
Hyne Group CEO, Jon Kleinschmidt said this is an exciting new chapter for both the Hyne Group and Rocky Point.
“Rocky Point is a like-minded, family-owned business based in Queensland since 1949.
“In our JJSL partnership announcement 12 months ago, we committed to expansion and growth, focused on family-owned businesses with shared values including our focus on the production of sustainable, quality products.
“Rocky Point is a great partnership opportunity and together, we can grow our businesses, delivering even better, world-class products and services into the future.” Mr Kleinschmidt said.
Rocky Point has been actively pursuing partnerships as part of its strategic plan for growth. CEO and third generation of the business, Matt Keith said this is a significant milestone for the business,
“This will create opportunities for future growth while allowing our generational family business to execute succession planning for future generations. The partnership will open a new chapter where we can focus on manufacturing quality products at a national level”.
“We all share the sentiment for the importance of cultural integrity and excellence, and the belief that family culture and values not only provide differentiation but are a key competitive advantage.
“It is business as usual with no changes to our brand, structure or quality services for our valued customers”. Mr Keith said.
More information on Rocky Point.